We want you to be able to shop at Moment in Art safely and with confidence. Your internet security is very important to us. This document has been written to help keep you safe and explain how we treat your personal information.
No one wants their personal information passed on, your privacy is of the highest importance to us. We promise we will never give your personal details to any other company for their mailing or marketing purposes.
When you purchase a print from our website we need to collect certain personal information from you. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and your visits to this website This may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website such as your name and email address.
- We may collect information that you provide to us when subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters such as your email address.
- Information relating to any purchase you make such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet such a s a review. This may include your user name and the content of your review.
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website. This may include the content of your communication and any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
How we use your information
This information is held on secure servers and remains confidential. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business.
- Enable you to use the services available on our website.
- Send you goods purchased through our website.
- Collect payments from you and then to send receipts.
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can unsibscribe at any time)
- Deal with enquiries made by you relating to our website or products.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
We will only disclose your personal information if and when we are required to do so by law; in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Moment in Art may contact you to discuss the details of your order or in response to communication from you. We do this via email or phone so please let us know if your details change.
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation.
Moment in Art is secure. We use high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
You can tell whether a page is secure as ‘http’ will replaced with ‘https’ at the front of www.momentinart.com in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
Using WiFi in public places
It can be risky to use an unsecured network in a public place. Unauthorised individuals maybe able to intercept and see what you’re doing or gain personal information. Therefore we recommend only connecting to secure wireless networks that you trust.
To prevent possible fraudulent activity and identity theft we suggest choosing a secure password. Passwords should contain 8 or more characters including lower and uppercase letters and numbers. When setting your password avoid obvious phrases like “password”, or your name or phone number. If you use the same password for multiple accounts each one is at risk if someone else gains access to it.
We will never ask you for your password. You are responsible for keeping your password safe.
If you have forgotten your password just click on the ‘Lost your password?’ link on the My Account page. Enter your username or email address and follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
Phishing is the practice of tricking someone into giving confidential information. Examples include falsely claiming to be a legitimate company when sending an e-mail to a user. The aim is to get the user to send private information back and then use it for identity theft and fraud.
If you ever receive an email claiming to be from momentinart.com requesting this kind of information, please don’t respond, but do let us know about it.
We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation. We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our data protection registration number is ZA211288 .
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.